Monday, May 23, 2011

Family Home Evening

I am trying to be better with Family Home Evening. I decided that we are going to go over what Karter talked about in Nursery yesterday, Sunday. This way we can review what they talked about and help Karter understand a little bit more.

Tonight we will be talking about the Sacrament. Karter gets so excited to take the sacrament in church. This will be a fun lesson to go over with him throughout the year. The title of the lesson is "The Sacrament helps me think about Jesus Christ". We will start with a prayer and song. Then I will have a scripture prepared to talk about. Probably Luke 22:19, but only recite one sentence. I will show a picture of a young man passing the sacrament and talk about it. I have a few pictures that we will talk about and that he can color at the end of our short lesson. We will also recite, and try to learn, over time the following:
Quietly I eat the bread
And drink the water too.
I fold my arms and think of Jesus
That's what I should do.
("The Sacrament," Friend, Feb. 1995)

No comments: