Saturday, July 4, 2009

We Are All Home Together


Thursday we were able to bring Karter home and what an exciting day it was for his mom and dad!! We were starting to think that day would never come after being in the ICU for 11 days. His first night home actually wasn't too bad. I tell ya, I'm pretty tired though. Getting up every 2 - 3 hours to feed him starts to wear on you. I LOVE being a mom though!!! He is a premature baby and is doing AWESOME!! He is healthy and eating well. Yesterday Nate and I took him to his first Dr. appointment and he passed with flying colors.

I'm so grateful for such an amazing husband! Nate went through a lot of driving back and forth while both Karter and I were in the hospital. I was in there for a total of 10 days, and Karter for 11 days. He took care of us, the house, and our two dogs, while also working. He is AMAZING!! I'm grateful for all the prayers in our behalf and for the support of family.

Our journey as a FAMILY begins!!!

No comments: