Friday, June 15, 2012
Karter helping me make dinner
Karter enjoys helping me cook in the kitchen. I put on my Flirty Apron and Karter needed an apron as well. He helped me pour and measure ingredients. He then helped me stir the pasta and sauce. I finally got pictures of us in our aprons. The meal we made was Pasta with a Tomato Cream Sauce. We put things together in a pot that we had in the house and it turned out really well. Karter thought it was delicious and ate all his meal.
Here is the recipe that I wrote down as I went:
Tomato Cream Sauce
1 onion diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 (14.5 oounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
6 leaves of fresh basil (or about 1 TBSP dried basil)
3/4 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp Italian Seasoning
a little bit of salt
a pinch of pepper
3/4 cups Heavy Cream
1 TBSP butter
In a saucepan, Saute onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat
Add tomatoes, basil, sugar, Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper
Boil about 5 - 8 minutes, or until most of the liquid evaporates
Lower heat and stir in whipping cream and butter
Simmer about 5 minutes longer
I like my sauce creamy and not chunky. So I put it in my food processor until it was smooth.
Serve over your favorite pasat and enjoy!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well, well look at you! I'm glad Karter found an apron that works for him without frills. I wish flirty aprons made some for little boys. We like our sauces smooth as well. Thanks for linking up at Fantastic Thursday at Five Little Chefs! Hope to see you there next week!
This sounds so deliciious!
Post a Comment