Thursday, November 15, 2012

Fun Popcorn

Popcorn is a staple snack at our house. I have Type 1 Diabetes, and popcorn is the best snack to have around. I don't get the popcorn with the extra butter and salt. The popcorn I buy tastes pretty plain to most people. I was trying to think of a treat that I could take to the ladies that I visit teach this month, and came up with this fun little popcorn snack. It was super easy and I love how crunchy it is. I hope you all enjoy.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 bags of popcorn popped
6 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp corn syrup
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp baking soda
chocolate chips, m&ms, butterscotch chips

Directions:

1. Preheat over to 300 degrees
2. Remove all unpopped kernels from popcorn and put popcorn into a bowl
3. Combine butter, corn syrup, and brown sugar over medium heat. Cook and stir until it starts to boil. Continue boiling at a steady rate for 4 minutes without stirring
4. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla
5. Pour carmel over popcorn and stirl to coat
6. Spread mixture onto parchment paper lined, or greased cookie sheet
7. Bake for 15 minutes
8. Remove from oven and add toppings

At this point I put some on a plate for each of the ladies I visit teach, and the rest into a bowl. The chocoalte starts to drip and get all over the popcorn which makes it extra yummy. I hope you all enjoy!!

Don't forget to check out Five Little Chefs

No comments: