Karter doesn't know how to read yet which I why I chose pictures. He has four things he needs to get done in the morning (change clothes, breakfast, brush teeth, get backpack). While he is at Pre-K I will change them to another 4 things that he needs to get done in the afternoon. Whether it be reading, writing, homework, pick up toys, helping mom with dishes or laundry, setting the table, etc. I have about 10 other ones that I can choose from. I don't want to overwhelm him which is why I chose to stick with only 4. So far it has worked great.
I also put back into place our tokens. When he has good behavior during the day, when he helps with Brooklyn, when he does extra "chores", etc he can earn a token. The tokens add up and he can choose a toy from the store, a treat from the gas station, etc. When he disobeys, makes bad choices, etc I can take one or more away. He is a very visual child which is why these things work for us.
I am so grateful for the opportunity I have been given to be a mom to my two children. They are both miracles and complete joys in my life. I am also grateful for a wonderful husband. He works very hard in his career and in his calling at church. He will always be someone our family will look up to.
No comments:
Post a Comment