Thursday, April 25, 2013

Introducing Brooklyn!!

I'd like to introduce Brooklyn to each of you. She is our newest addition to the family! We are so blessed to have both of our children in our lives. They are each a complete miracle for us.
A little bit about Brooklyn and how she came to bless our family. She was born at 35 weeks, but was very healthy and strong, 7 pounds and 15 ounces; 21 1/2 inches. I was put on bed rest early because I was having problems with my blood pressure. The same thing happened with Karter, and I ended up with HELLP and had an emergency C-section at 34 weeks with him. With Brooklyn my Doctor, and myself, were very conscious about my body and the possible problems that could occur. As soon as I was having increased blood pressure I was put on bed rest. That helped keep Brooklyn in until 35 weeks when I started to feel "sicker". I got admitted on a Thursday, and Friday I was delivering Brooklyn via C-section. She was born on March 29, 2013 at 11:29 a.m. She quickly went to the NICU because she was a preemie, and there was a mandatory 6 hour evaluation period there. I remember them calling the operating room within 10 minutes of delivering her and asking if she could have a bottle because she wanted to eat and was hungry. That was the beginning of an awesome eater for me!! The only problem we ran into was her blood sugar. They were trying to get her upstairs to the nursery after the 6 hour period. They brought her up, with a lower blood sugar, and was hoping that if she ate it would increase and stay up. Well, after about 2 hours she ended up back down in the NICU. She wasn't able to keep her blood sugar up so they put in an IV and gave her sugar. 2 days later she was doing great and came upstairs to stay. It was great to have her upstairs with me, and then able to go home when I was discharged.

Karter has been and amazing big brother!! He is such a great helper and loves his little sister! He tells her everyday that he loves her, and is always wanting to hold her. He is very in tune to her and when she makes noises. I hear frequently..."Mommy, Brooklyn needs you. She is making noises". I know that he will be the best brother to her!

2 comments:

melissa said...

Congratulations, Tiffany! What a cute family.

J N H said...

SO cute! What a great story! Glad all is well and you have your little GIRL!! Girls are fun. Was she really 17#'s?!