Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Lake Powell Triathlon



We started off the trip with a nice long boat ride to Rainbow Bridge, which is a must if you end up at Lake Powell. Tiffany had never seen it before, so we took the boat ride there so she could experience some of God's greatest creations.



Look at her hold up the arch all by herself!!!!!



The following morning, Tyson and I suited up in our good looking gear to start the first leg of the triathlon, the swim. It was the most difficult part of the triathlon, but we were able to finish and move on to the bike ride. The water was really cold, so we had to sport the attractive apparel.



If you look closely in the middle of the picture, I am the only one waring a different color of swim cap, silver. I was supposed to wear the blue one like everyone else, but I forgot it at the hotel, oops!



This is me starting the 3 mile run.



Finally we finished in excellent time for our first tri. Tyson crossed 4 minutes before I did. He said that he was going to wait for me and finish together, but forgot about that part when he was riding his bike up the hill leaving me in his rear view... Oh well, still love you Tyson. Fantastic adventure and will do it again. Can't wait until Tiffany is able to cross this off her bucket list with me on the sidelines cheering her on as she crosses the finish line in a few years!

No comments: