This last week we did a lot for Valentines Day. I didn't take pictures of all the activities that we did. Monday we made a paper dog out of hearts. You take a bigger heart for the body. One a little smaller for the back. A tiny heart for the tail. A bigger heart, with eyes on it, for the head. And for the nose I used a tiny heart again. For the tongue I put a smaller heart, but glued it under the heart with the eyes prior to gluing that one to the body. And the ears I used more elongated hearts to make them floppy. I hope all of that makes sense.
Tuesday we made a wreath out of paper hearts. I cut out the middle of a paper plate and we glued paper hearts around the outside.
Wednesday was just a fun, hang out, day.
Thursday I made a little valentines box. I used 2 paper plates. One of them I cut in half and glued to the front of the other. Then I glued painted hearts around the border. I am going to use this over and over each year. Because I'm going to use it every year, I made up little cards with things to do to help out. For example: Call dad and tell him "I love you", make your bed, water plants, etc. I have about a dozen in there. Throughout each day, starting next year, he will pick on out. Once he has completed it he will be able to take a heart out. Once he gets _____ many hearts he gets a prize for the day.
It was a fun week for us. We played most of the week.
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment