This week at home we are learning about the letter S.
Monday, today: S is for "Sweetheart". We will be cutting out large hearts and coloring them to decorate the house with. I have some candy hearts that we will count, and a tiny box of conversation hearts that we will sort, if we can, and count as well.
Tuesday, HAPPY VALENTINES!!: This day we have a little girl spending the day with us. So, we will be playing a lot. I will also sit with both of them and we will do some fun activities with Squares.
Wednesday: S is for Stars. I'm excited about this day! Karter loves stars. For lunch I will cut out a star sandwich, star cheese, etc. We will stick stars on the letter S. We will sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. And, we may try to make a flag for Presidents Day next week.
Thursday: S is for Snowmen with Shoes: We will sing Once ther was a Snowman. We will color a picture of a snowman. We will make a snowman with cotton balls and googly eyes. I have some paper shoes that I have cut out that we will color and put on the snowmen. Those are just a few ideas that I have come up with. I know I will come up with more between now and then.
Friday: S is for Spiders: We will sing Itsy Bitsy Spider. We will make Spiders out of food. We will read a Spider book (maybe The Very Busy Spider. He loved that book when we checked it out from the library). We will color Spider pictures.
Happy letter S week!
Monday, February 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment