Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Creamy Tomato Basil Soup

This is probably the best soup that I have made in a while. I hope you all enjoy. I have been asked for the recipe, so I thought I would post it here and link to Five Little Chefs later this week.




Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
3 cups half and half
2 1/2 TBSP chicken stock (I freeze what is left over in ice cube trays for later use)
2 (28 oz) cans diced tomatoes (I don't like chunks of tomatoes so I puree mine until it is more smooth)
1 small can (6 oz) tomato paste
1/3 cup sugar
2 1/2 TBSP dried Basil
pepper and salt to taste


Directions:
1. Melt butter in medium saucepan. Stir in flour and make a roux. Cook for 1-2 minutes to get rid of flour taste.
2. Slowly add half and half. Stir constantly until it begins to thicken.
3. Stir in chicken stock, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, basil, pepper and salt.
4. Enjoy!! You can serve with a grilled cheese sandwich or crackers.

No comments: