The past few months I have not had an appetite for cooking dinner. I would have prefered not to eat dinner. But, now that I am past the first trimester I am feeling much better and looking for some new recipes. I found a recipe similar to this one on Pinterest and thought I'd give it a try with a few changes to fit our family.
Crockpot Cream Cheese Chicken Pasta
Ingredients:
2 pounds chicken pieces
Dry Italian Seasoning
4 TBSP butter
1 onion
1 clove of garlic, chopped or grated (I like to grate my garlic so you don't get garlic chunks in your meals for someone to find)
1 (10 1/2 oz) can of cream of chicken soup
1 (8 oz) cream cheese
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 lb pasta
Directions:
1. Place chicken pieces in crock pot and sprinkle with Italian Seasoning over the top of chicken.
2. Put 2 TBSP Butter on top of chicken.
3. Cook on low for 4 - 6 hours.
4. 2 TBSP butter in a saucepan and saute onion and garlic.
5. Add Cream of Chicken soup, Cream cheese, and Chicken Broth.
6. Stir until smooth.
7. Add saucepan mixture to crockpot and cook on low for another hour.
8. Prepare pasta according to package.
I added a little shredded parmesan cheese to the top. You can't go wrong with a little extra cheese! I hope you enjoy this as much as my family did!!
Don't forget to check out Five Little Chefs
Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks. I'm trying this tonight. I actually have all these ingredients in my house. It's a modern day miracle!
Post a Comment