I was put on bed rest last Thursday. Today I am close to 34 weeks along, and we don't want this cute girl coming before 36 weeks if we can avoid it. Karter was an emergency C-section at 34 weeks. I am showing signs of preeclampsia again so we want to keep those to a minimum. I have also been experiencing frequent contractions, which we would like to avoid getting worse. To do this I need to be resting and not doing anything else. It is difficult. I have Karter home and he wants to play, like I usually do with him, but I can't get down on the ground and play with him. He is very patient even though he doesn't completely understand. My weeks consist of going to the Dr twice a week, taking Karter to preschool twice a week, and laying down all day being bored. I know it is the best for my health and for this baby. It just gets so boring and I feel so guilty not being able to play with my son. I keep telling myself..."I just need to make it to 36 weeks". If I make it to 36 weeks we can avoid the NICU as her being a preemie. After that it is hoping she is healthy and doesn't have any problems with her blood sugar due to my Diabetes. The challenege I have had is keeping Karter entertained with out the TV or movies most of the day. If you have any ideas please leave them on here. I set him up coloring, playing with play dough, his toys downstairs... I will give in and play Mario Kart on the Wii with him 1 - 2 times a week. :-) Mostly I am just company for him when he is playing, but I have missed being able to do things with him.
Monday, March 18, 2013
Here we go...again!!
I was put on bed rest last Thursday. Today I am close to 34 weeks along, and we don't want this cute girl coming before 36 weeks if we can avoid it. Karter was an emergency C-section at 34 weeks. I am showing signs of preeclampsia again so we want to keep those to a minimum. I have also been experiencing frequent contractions, which we would like to avoid getting worse. To do this I need to be resting and not doing anything else. It is difficult. I have Karter home and he wants to play, like I usually do with him, but I can't get down on the ground and play with him. He is very patient even though he doesn't completely understand. My weeks consist of going to the Dr twice a week, taking Karter to preschool twice a week, and laying down all day being bored. I know it is the best for my health and for this baby. It just gets so boring and I feel so guilty not being able to play with my son. I keep telling myself..."I just need to make it to 36 weeks". If I make it to 36 weeks we can avoid the NICU as her being a preemie. After that it is hoping she is healthy and doesn't have any problems with her blood sugar due to my Diabetes. The challenege I have had is keeping Karter entertained with out the TV or movies most of the day. If you have any ideas please leave them on here. I set him up coloring, playing with play dough, his toys downstairs... I will give in and play Mario Kart on the Wii with him 1 - 2 times a week. :-) Mostly I am just company for him when he is playing, but I have missed being able to do things with him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
sounds ROUGH! Can sisters or your Mama come get him for a couple hours? Just think also that your tummy is the cheapest NICU around!! Hang in there and try not to have mom guilt. Karter will be OK no matter what.
You're a good mamma. I'd allow him to have screen time everyday! Sorry you're on bedrest. But so happy you're having a baby!
Post a Comment