Monday, April 18, 2011

30 days to a clean house!!

I have many things tha tI have wanted to clean, but just haven't done it. I have decided to do a 30 days to a clean house list. I will post 10 days at a time. Some of them I won't be doing in the same order and I write them down, but they will be getting done. And, some are just suggestions.

1) Change the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors

2) Grab some glass cleaner and clean the windows in the one room you live in the most (kitchen/family room). If you are done within 5 minutes, do the same in the next most lived-in room.

3) Make a list of all the things that drive you batty. (Loose knobs, and squeaky doors). Identify what you need to fix each item and stop by the hardware store to buy them.

4) Fix at least 3 things on your list today using the items you purchased yesterday. If you can fix everything on your list...DO IT!!

5) Clean your blinds. I just did this today and it didn't take me long at all. I turned the blinds so they face down. Then I grabbed a rag, and multipurpose cleaner. It took me less than 10 minutes.

6) Grab a damp rag/dust cloth and dust along the baseboards in every room of the house. My sister said to take your rag where the carpet and base boards meet (at the very bottom), and brush the dust out towards the middle of the room. She said you will be amazed at how dirty it is down there.

7) If you've had the same phone message since you purchased your telephone, change and freshen up your greeting!

8) If you don't own one, buy or rent a steam vacuum. Also, purchase some cleanser as well. Bring it home today.

9) Remove all furniture from your most highly trafficked rooms. Give the rugs in those rooms a deep clean with the steam vacuum you've rented for the day. If you have ccarpet on your stairs, give that a deep clean too. Return the rented vacuum when you are done.

10) Do you have couches or chairs with slipcovers? Remove those today and either clean them yourself, or drop them off at the dry cleaner for a little TLC.


Enjoy cleaning. But, especially, enjoy your house that is getting cleaner every day!!

No comments: