This is the best soup that we have had in a while. You have to try it!!!
2 Tbsp. butter
1/4 C. Flour
1 C. Water
2 1/2 C. Milk (they say to use skim or 1% and lighten it up with some more water)
2 regular-sized chicken bouillon cubes
1/2 lb. bacon (optional)
1 small onion, minced
2 red potatoes, diced into small cubes (I used i large russett potato, and I peeled it)
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 can corn, drained (or 1 1/2 c. frozen corn)
salt and pepper to taste
Fry bacon until crisp. In the meantime, melt butter over low heat in a soup pot. When melted, add flour to make a roux and whisk until it comes together in a little ball. Add water and whick until completely combined and there are no lumps. Add milk and chicken bouillon, and bring to a simmer. Add potatoes, onions, and garlic. Simmer (don't boil), stirring very frequently, for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add crumbled bacon and corn then heat through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
The problem I ran into is that I didn't make the bacon crisp enough for the soup. And, I put a little extra milk in at the end because it was too thick for my liking.
Monday, April 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment