Monday, April 11, 2011

Mommy and Me Week 11


Theme: Ducks
Vocab Word: Duckling
Book: Duck in the Truck by Jez Alborough & Ducks Disappearing by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
Poem: A little duckling called his mother one day, "Dear mother, where are you? I've lost my way!" His mother waddled over till she was near, And calmed her duckling and soothed his fear. "Little duckling," She quacked, "follow me to the lake." And together they waddled with papa, the drake.
Song: "____ little ducks went out to play over the hill and far away. When the mother duck said "quack, quack, quack, quack" _____ little ducks cam waddling back........"

Monday: I cut out duck feet and on the back of each put little things for us to do/act out when he picked them up (ex: Quack like a duck, walk like a duck). I put things around the house.

Tuesday: We learned about the color green. I made some green playdough for him to play with. This was his first time with playdough so it was really fun watching his face.

Wednesday: Was all about the numbers 1, 2, 3. We have our sticker book that we continue to use. I have also made little pom pom sticks to help with counting. I glued pom poms on the end of toungue depressors. I have one purple, 2 green, 3 yellow. He really likes to play with those and it's been a great way to learn numbers and colors.

Thursday: Was a play day.

Friday: We learned about ducks again and played as a duck. We made some cookies, and reviewed animal sounds.

No comments: