Thursday, January 13, 2011

Mommy and Me Week 2


This weeks theme has been the Jungle.
Books for this week: Who's In the Jungle? by Dawn Bentley & The Loudest Roar by Thomas Taylor.
Song: The Bare Necessaties from Disney's Jungle Book
Monday: A jungle obstacle course using cushions, pillows, chairs, blankets. We made animal noises and moved like the different animals.
Tuesday: The color was Green. We wore green. Played with green cars and trucks. Colored with green. I have green bowls and plates that Karter ate on. And, I made green jello.
Wednesday: The letter B. I printed out the letter. Throughout the day we made the sound for B and went back to the printed letter.
Thursday: The number 2. We counted to 2. Put up 2 fingers. Put the number 2 on our board. Counted everything in twos.
Friday: I have a printed jungle animal. I already cut out some green strips of paper. Karter is going to glue, or tape, the strips of paper over the animal so he is hiding.

I do sing the song throughout the week. And, we read the books everyday.

No comments: