This weeks theme was COW. I printed off a picture of a cow to put on a poster for Karter.
The Vocab Word (I know Karter is too young, but wanted it all donw when he got older) was Calf. I put up a picture and the definition on a poster. The definition I used was "A baby cow".
I got some cow facts put together as well.
Books: Helper Cow by Sue MacVeety, and Little Calf by Kim Lewis
Poem: I never saw a purple cow, I never hope to see one, But I can tell you anyhow, I'd rather see than be one! (This poem I recited throughout the week)
Song: Old MacDonald Had A Farm (focusing on Bull, Cow and Calf)
Nursery Rhyme: Hey Diddle Diddle (Recite very often during the week)
Hey Diddle Diddle! The Cat and the Fiddle, The Cow jumped over the Moon; The little dog laughed, to see such sport, and the dish ran away with the spoon.
Monday: Gross Motor: Put on music and move around the house like a cow while making sounds.
Tuesday: Shape/Color: SQUARE
- 3-4 objects everyday....blocks, pot holder, etc
- Look for shape in house or places you go and point them out.
- Cut squares out of cookie dough and bake
- Drawing of a square on the poster
Wednesday: Letter: A
- Printout of letter to color
- Trace letter with finger (pudding, finger paints)
- Point out the letter in books or on cereal containers, etc.
- Post letter on poster
Thursday: Number: 1
- 1 object to count (1 cracker, 1 cherrio, etc)
- Number on a paper and on poster
- 1 sticker for counting book
- Draw 1 square on paper and count
Friday: Fine Motor: Build a cow with squares of white and black paper. Have your child glue it onto a different colored paper.
Hint: I will be using cookie dough a lot for shapes to cut out. So, I am making a batch of cookie dough and freezing it for when I need it again. I also bought, at the dollar store, index cards of numbers and letters. You can also use those to make it a little easier for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment