Monday, January 31, 2011

Mommy and Me Week 5

I am giving you WEEK 5 ahead of time because I am actually going back to my week 1. I want to make sure Karter gets his first few numbers and letters before I move too far ahead. So, here is week 5, and it will be a little while before I get week 6 up. Thanks for following!

Theme: Lighthouse (print a picture)

Vocab Word: Beacon (Signal, a light to guide and warn)

Book: Lighthouse Lullaby by Keppy Paul Briggs, & The Lighthouse Children by Syd Hoff

Nursery Rhyme: Bobby Shaftoes gone to sea, Silver buckles at his knee; He'll come back and marry me, Bobby Shaftoes gone to sea.

Monday: Spiral staircase with books, stools, cushions, etc. Climb up to the top of the "Lighthouse" and have child hold a flashlight at the top.

Tuesday: Octagon. Collect 3-5 objects each day and discuss. Make an octagon out of cookie dough and bake it. Put a picture on poster.

Wednesday: The letter E. Print out letter and color it. Trace letter with finger using pudding or finger paint. Point out the letter on things. Put letter on poster.

Thursday: Number 5. 5 objects to count. Number on paper and on poster. 5 stickers in counting book. 5 octagons on a paper and count them.

Friday: Build a lighthouse tower with blocks.



I am also putting together some FHE ideas. I will share those on here and I get them done. Happy learning!!

No comments: