Wednesday, March 7, 2012

V is for Volcano

We had so much fun making volcanoes this morning!

First we did the typical volcano by putting about 1/4 cup baking soda in a jar. Then I put a few drops of food coloring into 1/4 cup of vinegar. Once he poured it into the jar with baking soda the volcano errupted. We were able to pour more vinegar into the original 1/4 cup of baking soda a few times and still have it erupt. Karter thought it was great!

Next I put some baking soda on a pan and had him spoon some colored vinegar onto it and watch it bubble like a volcano. After he did that for a while he wanted to spoon it back into the container. So, for the next 20 minutes he dumped the mixture onto the pan and then spooned it back in.

I hope these give you ideas for your volcano day of fun!

No comments: